Vishoka Meditation Course (Level 1)
Course details, content, dates and times
This Course is the official companion to Pandit Tigunait’s Book- ‘Vishoka Meditation-The Yoga of Inner Radiance’.
It is designed to help you comprehensively experience the wisdom and practices of Vishoka Meditation.
It is composed of a series of techniques which will help you awaken the healing power of the breath and the self-guiding power of the mind.
Its goal is to unite the mind and the breath which allows the mind to be clear, calm and focused.
These qualities enable the mind to naturally turn inward, discover its innate qualities and experience its full potential.
You will be guided through Vishoka Meditation, systematically, step-by-step from the preparatory foundational practices to the complete practice
of Vishoka Meditation using a format of lectures, practicums and guided practices.
Filomena will try to offer guidance on the subtle points of Vishoka Meditation from experience of practice.
The Vishoka Meditation Course is suitable for students of all proficiencies, from those just beginning on the path of yoga or meditation,
to experienced meditators and yoga teachers wishing to develop their personal practice and growth.
You will be able to:-
• Learn the entire system of Vishoka Meditation step-by-step through in-depth lectures and practicums, with a focus on understanding and gaining experiential proficiency in a precise set of meditative techniques designed to unite mind and breath, and turn them inward.
• Build a solid foundation for your practice by mastering all the preparatory skills required for Vishoka Meditation, including:-
-Finding a comfortable and steady sitting posture
-Diaphragmatic breath training
-Systematic relaxation techniques
-Nadi Shodhana pranayama
-So Hum pranayama.
• Build up to the complete practice of Vishoka Meditation by practicing:-
Aharana pranayama, Samikarana pranayama, The main body of Vishoka Meditation.
• Explore your understanding of the role of prana (Sanskrit for lifeforce) in Vishoka Meditation, through the practice of yoga postures, relaxation and meditative pranayamas (breathing practices that expand your awareness of prana).
• Overview the principles of a Yogic Lifestyle that supports Vishoka Meditation and understand the spiritual origins of Vishoka Meditation and its wisdom tradition.
• Attend 3 Complimentary, free, Guided Practice Sessions, In-Person or On-line which will include breath training, breath-oriented yoga postures, systematic relaxation techniques and Vishoka Meditation.
You will receive:-
• A Practitioner’s Certificate of Completion by the Himalayan Institute
• Access to the online Vishoka Meditation Digital Companion through the Himalayan Institute: an 8-hour digital course with supporting lecture and practicum videos and audio practices
• Audio recordings of key practices
• PDF handouts of lecture slides and practice handouts
Course Curriculum and Schedule
Part 1 - The Foundations for Vishoka Meditation
Session 1: Tuesday 4th January 2022 at 6.30pm-8.00pm
The Scope of Vishoka Meditation
Session 2: Saturday 8th January 2022 at 2.00pm-3.30pm
Cultivating Healthy Breathing
Session 3: Tuesday 11th January 2022 at 6.30pm-3.30pm
Cultivating Breath Awareness into Pranic Sensitivity.
Saturday 15th January 2022 at 2.00pm-3.30pm at The Yoga for Harmony Studio, Windsor In-Person or On-line
Bonus Guided Practice 1- A 90 minute class to support and integrate the above 3 sessions and to include breath training, postures (asanas) co-ordinated with the breath and a systematic relaxation.
Session 4: Tuesday 18th January 2022 at 6.30pm-8.00pm
Purifying the Energy Channels and Eliminating the Pause between Breaths- Nadi Shodhana and SoHum Pranayama
Session 5: Saturday 22nd January 2022 at 2.00pm-3.30pm
Discovering Our Inner Space Through Relaxation
Session 6: Tuesday 25th January 2022 at 6.30pm-8.00pm
Adopting a Yogic Lifestyle
Part 2 - The Complete Practice of Vishoka Meditation
Session 7: Saturday 29th January 2022 at 2.00pm – 3.30pm
Finding Your Seat: A Steady and Comfortable Sitting Posture
Session 8: Tuesday 1st February 2022 at 6.30pm-8.00pm
Bringing the Mind Back to its Home Base- Aharana Pranayama
Saturday 5th February 2022 at 2.00pm-3.30pm at The Yoga for Harmony Studio, Windsor In-Person or On-line
Bonus Guided Practice 2- A 90 minute class that integrates breath training, breath-aligned asana (Yoga Postures), The Flow of Awareness or 75-Breaths Relaxation, concluding with a guided practice of Nadi Shodhana and SoHum Pranayama/Meditation.
Session 9: Tuesday 8th February 2022 at 6.30pm-8.00pm
Cultivating Inner Balance- Samikarana Pranayama
Session 10: Saturday 12th February 2022 at 2.00pm-3.30pm
Vishoka Meditation- The Four Points of Experience
Session 11: Tuesday 15th February 2022 at 6.30pm-8.00pm
The Complete Practice of Vishoka Meditation.
Saturday 19th February 2022 at 2.00pm-3.30pm at The Yoga for Harmony Studio, Windsor In-Person or On-line
Bonus Guided Practice 3 - A 90 minute class to support and integrate all previous sessions and will include breath training, breath-aligned asana, flow of awareness relaxation and concludes with The Complete Practice of Vishoka Meditation.
Session 12: Tuesday 22nd February 2022 at 6.30pm-8.00pm
Refining our Practice of Vishoka Meditation.
Required Course Reading
Vishoka Meditation-The Yoga of Inner Radiance by Pandit Rajmani Tigunait, PHD. 10% Discount Code available if purchased from The Himalayan Institute.